The above is what he told me.
What REALLY happened was our regular custodian called her supervisor, alerted him to the possible loss of her keys and that we were about out of TOILET PAPER! This I figured out when I was ensconced on the throne doing my throne-ly business and realized that there was damned little paper with which to do my paper work with.
This brought forth some amusing emails, somebody getting into their Secret TP Stash, and a bemused custodial floater/flunky to actually bring us more TP, unlock to lock and replace said TP. That we didn't have to go to DEFCON 11 is a minor miracle.
And yes, they use great big Master Locks to lock the TP dispenser down here. Why anyone would want to steal the TP from here is beyond me, as I'm sure it's at least 47 grit.
My sincerest congratulations and best wishes to puckbunny87 on her recent marriage!
I'd squee but that's unsightly for a man of my age and dignity. (Bwahahahahaha)
All kidding aside, I'm pleased as punch for you and your husband!
- I remember one of our Graduate Research Assistants had a boyfriend who worked very close to the Twin Towers. I remember her tears when she found out he was safe.
- I remember hearing Paul Harvey announce the first plane had hit. This was before we knew there would be a second, a third in DC and in a field in Pennsylvania.
- I had recently watched a show about the Empire State Building where it was mentioned a small plane had crashed into the side some years before. The timing struck me was strange.
- I remember the internet was so clogged it might as well have been turned off. New sites were brought to their knees due to the demand for information.
- I remember weeping that evening when I saw some of the footage.
- I remember feeling so confused
- I remember being annoyed and glad I was too old for the army
- Looking back, I see that they terrorists won in ways they couldn't being to imagine.
My response to the news was and is, "Oh, really?" (insert yawn here)
Part of me is thinking it's inspired casting. Actually, most of me is thinking that. Affleck gets a bad rap for being in some cruddy movies. Gigli comes to mind. But, I can hear you saying "Because Daredevil" is why he shouldn't be allowed to be in another comic book movie. In that, you're wrong.
The theatrical cut of Daredevil wasn't so very good. However, that cut was fraught with compromises and insistence of additions by the Studio. Such is life.
The Director's Cut of the movie is miles better. In some respects, it's almost a different movie. It's the only version of the film I own, if that means anything. The Director's Cut is a prime example of studio meddling and marketing decisions getting in the way of telling a good story.
Affleck is a great actor. He get's a bad rap for some lousy acting choices (sort of deserved), but he also earned rave reviews for Argo. So, lighten up! This is nothing to cause me an existential crisis over...or yourself for that matter. Because, when you get right down to it, it's just a comic book movie.
Edit: I gotta admit that the whole NerdSpasms over this have reach such a level of whacky-doo-doo that I find it amusing...
What is strange is I still think of how a certain road would be on a bike. Those thoughts arise a lot, but no desire to actually ride. I guess I am over it. Of course the hernia I have along the surgery scar (about a foot long scar) is a constant reminder of the accident and the aftermath.
Life marches on...
Amos: You'll never guess what I just saw.
Andy: Nor would I ever want to, I'm sure.
Amos: I saw a woman dressed in a cat costume with a hypodermic needle on her head.
Andy: What did she call herself?
Amos: The furry with the syringe on top.
You know what the implication is, right? If you don't click "Like" you don't agree and are scum of the earth, not fit for human company. I mean, who really doesn't think every little girl should be a princess at least once in her life? What dog doesn't deserve a good home? Who really thinks cancer is cool and doesn't suck?
Please, for the love of God and Country, please quit ruining wonderful little moments/memes/pictures/thoughts with "Click if you like this!"
It's emotional blackmail.